- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original documents, infallible and authoritative.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious, substitutionary, and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord.
- We believe in the essential and present ministry of regeneration by the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe that God’s justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. In obedience to Christ’s commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
- We believe in the personal, bodily, and glorious return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service, and energetic mission.
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of BHM’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our board is BHM’s final interpretative authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Furthermore, BHM churches have adopted a larger statement of faith outlining their beliefs. We would be happy to share it with you if you are interested.