Mobilizing mission teams is a key part of serving, equipping, and supporting the local churches in Haiti. Teams and individuals are invited to serve and experience what God is doing through Baptist Haiti Mission and bring life transformation to every man, woman, and child in Haiti.
WHY COME SERVE
One of the most tangible ways to participate in this life transformation is by serving on a short-term trip. Whatever your skills, there are ways for you to serve at Baptist Haiti Mission. You can make a difference in the lives of the Haitian people by serving on a short term mission trip to Haiti. You can also serve the large Haitian populations, as well as other underserved communities, in the Dominican Republic and the Turks and Caicos Islands. As you help transform lives, our hope is that your life will also be transformed as well.
HOW YOU CAN SERVE
BHM’s mission trips are facilitated by Mission of Hope. With over 20 years of experience coordinating international mission trips for churches, families, and individuals, Mission of Hope believes that sustainable transformation is possible by partnering with the local churches and indigenous leaders so that ongoing ministry continues long after you go home.
You can reserve a trip as an individual or as a team. The mission trip coordinators can help you plan your trip by matching the needs of a particular village or community with the skills and interests of your group.
Learn more about BHM’s mission trips, facilitated by Mission of Hope.
What does it look like to come serve?
- Your week can include construction projects, medical care, children’s ministry, sharing the gospel, or other serving opportunities.
What does it cost?
- Trip costs vary depending on trip type and location. There is a non-refundable reservation fee of $25 per person. Your trip fees cover all in-country transportation and lodging for the week. Your team will be provided with a short list of additional food items to bring with them. You are responsible for your own airfare, but we provide transportation to and from the airport in Haiti. For more information on mission trip costs, visit the Mission of Hope mission trips section of their website.
Where do we stay?
- Your team will be staying in guesthouses on campus. All rooms have bunk-style beds and adjoined bathrooms.
How big should my group be?
- There is not a minimum group size. BHM accommodates families, groups of all sizes, and individuals.
How long can I stay?
- Trips are one week long. Trips are scheduled to start on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
What is the minimum age?
- The minimum age for a minor traveling with his/her guardian is six years old. Minors must be accompanied by another member of the team who is at least 25 years old.
Who can lead a trip?
- Anyone who shares the vision of Baptist Haiti Mission can lead a group. All you need is the ability to recruit and lead people who want to serve. Baptist Haiti Mission will handle your daily itinerary and all of your in-country transportation.
For more information, please visit the mission trips section of Mission of Hope’s website.